For more than 5,000 years, people spanning the globe have experienced the numerous health benefits of yoga. Whether you’re an expert yoga practitioner or a beginner, you too can reap the benefits. Simply enrolling in a yoga class is a great way to improve your health in more ways than you may realize.
Yoga benefits both your physical and emotional health, and it can be practiced in some form by just about everyone. Millions of people enjoy yoga each and every day, and researchers continue to discover even more health-boosting yoga benefits. Here are just a few of the many benefits of yoga.
- Increased flexibility. Improved flexibility is one of the most obvious benefits of yoga. During your first class, you might not be able to touch your toes, let alone do a backbend. But if you stick with it, you’ll notice your body loosening and find yourself able to perform poses that once seemed impossible with ease.
- Increased strength. Yoga builds strength while increasing flexibility. Strong muscles protect you from things like back pain and arthritis.
- Need to relax? Try yoga! Yoga regulates your adrenal glands, lowering cortisol levels. It also lowers your blood pressure. Both of these things lead to improved feelings of relaxation. Yoga encourages you to slow your breathing and focus on the present moment. Both of these things promote relaxation.
- Weight loss. Because yoga lowers stress hormones and increases insulin sensitivity, it’s a great weight loss tool. It also helps with those stubborn fat stores that tend to crop up after 40.
- Protection from injury. Regularly practicing yoga improves bone health, protects your spine and prevents the breakdown of joints and cartilage. Because it strengthens your muscles, it also makes you less susceptible to muscle injuries.
- Back pain relief. Numerous studies have proven that yoga is more effective in treating back pain than standard care. Yoga improves spinal flexibility, and many study participants with chronic back pain report improved function within a few months of practicing yoga.
Yoga in Littleton
Whether you have some experience with yoga or you’re just starting out, Club USA is your source for yoga in Littleton. We offer a range of yoga classes for people of all skill levels. Contact us today to enroll!